1.HOW ORIX COLLECTS AND USES INFORMATION
ORIX may collect and store information about you (“User”) when User uses the Service. ORIX uses the information to fulfill User’s requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize User’s experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third-party businesses listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up ORIX’s systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with its legal obligations.
Among the information ORIX collects, please note:
- a.Account Information: If User creates an account on ORIX, ORIX may store and use User’s full name, e-mail address, zip code, and other information User may provide with User’s account, such as User’s gender and birth date. User’s first name and last initial, as well as any photo User submits during the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of User’s account profile. User can revise some of the information associated with User’s account via the Site page. If User believes that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting User or User’s likeness, User can request ORIX’s customer center to remove it.
- b.Public Content: The information that User contributes via the Service is intended for public consumption, including User’s reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, chat posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. ORIX may display this information via the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience via third-party sites and services.
- c.Contacts: User can invite User’s friends to join the Service by providing ORIX with their contact information, or by allowing ORIX to access User’s contacts from User’s computer, mobile device, or third-party sites to select which friends User wishes to invite. If User allows ORIX to access User’s contacts, ORIX may transmit that information to ORIX providing enough time to process User’s invitations.
- d.Communications: When User signs up for an account or uses certain features, User is opting to receive messages from other ORIX users, businesses, and ORIX itself. User can manage some of User’s messaging preferences, but please note that User cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from ORIX. For example, if User makes a reservation via the Service, ORIX may send User messages about User’s reservation using the contact information User provides, including e-mail messages to User’s device. ORIX may also track User’s actions in response to the messages User receives from ORIX or via the Service, such as whether User deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If User exchanges messages with others via the Service, ORIX may store them in order to process and deliver them, and allow User to manage them. To the extent permitted by applicable law, ORIX may review and disclose them relating to investigations regarding the operation and use of the Service and ORIX shall not deliver messages that ORIX believes are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if User sends or receives messages via the Service via e-mail, ORIX may log the e-mail address and the date and time that the messages were processed. In this case, ORIX may also store information that User provides via communications with ORIX, including from phone calls, letters, e-mails and other electronic messages, or in person.
- e.Activity: ORIX may store information about User’s use of the Service, such as User’s search activity, the pages User views, the date and time of User’s visit, businesses User calls using ORIX mobile applications, and reservations and purchases User makes via the Service. ORIX may also store information that User’s computer or mobile device provides to ORIX relating to User’s use of the Service, such as User’s browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location), and which was requested and refers to hyperlinks. User may be able to prohibit ORIX’s use of certain location data via User’s device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the ORIX application in Android privacy settings.
- Intended to make the Service work in the manner User expects. For example, ORIX uses a Cookie that informs ORIX whether User has already signed up for an account.
- Intended to remember information about how User prefers the Service to behave and look. For example, ORIX uses a Cookie that informs ORIX whether User has declined to allow ORIX to use User’s phone’s geolocation data.
- Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that ORIX thinks could improve User’s use of the Service. For example, ORIX uses a Cookie that prevents ORIX from showing User the signup notification if User has already seen it.
- Intended to help ORIX understand how visitors use the Service. For example, ORIX uses a Cookie that informs ORIX how ORIX search suggestions correlate to User’s interactions with the search page.
Managing Cookies:It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies via User’s device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary according to the device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, Android devices have settings designed to limit methods of ad tracking. For flash cookies, User can manage User’s privacy settings. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to User.
Third parties may receive information about User as follows:
- b.Service Providers: ORIX may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the services available via the Service. ORIX may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for ORIX relating to User’s use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, ORIX’s own marketing of the Service, and other functions. ORIX may share information from or about User with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete User’s requests. These third-party providers may share information with ORIX that they obtain from or about User relating to providing their services or completing User’s requests. Some of ORIX’s web pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to User from ORIX’s third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information User provides is being provided to the third party.
- c.Aggregate Information: ORIX may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, ORIX may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- e.Investigations: ORIX may investigate and disclose information from or about User if ORIX sincerely believes that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on ORIX; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing relating to the Service; or (c) protects ORIX’s rights, reputation, property, or that of ORIX’s users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures relating to ORIX’s Consumer Alerts program. If User flags or otherwise complains to ORIX about content via the Service, ORIX may share the substance of User’s complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- f.Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third-party services. Except as set forth herein, ORIX does not share User’s personal information with them, and ORIX is not responsible for their privacy practices. ORIX suggests that User read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- g.Third Party Accounts: If User signs up for ORIX using a third-party service like Facebook, or links User’s ORIX account to User’s account with a third-party service like Facebook or Twitter, ORIX may receive information about User from such third-party service.
4.CONTROLLING USER’S PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify User, or associate User with User’s account, if User includes personal information in the content User posts publicly. User can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, although doing so could undermine the credibility of User’s contributions to the Service. User can adjust the settings for this feature via the Site page.
Please also note that the messages User sends or receives using the Service are only private to the extent that both User and the person User is communicating with keep them private. For example, if User sends a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, ORIX may access and disclose such messages during investigations relating to use of the Service.
5.DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 18. ORIX does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If User becomes aware that a child has provided ORIX with personal information without parental consent, please contact ORIX. If ORIX becomes aware that a child under 18 has provided ORIX with personal information without parental consent, ORIX shall take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to ORIX, both during transmission and once ORIX receives it.
Attn: Data Privacy Manager of Skipps service team
World Trading Center Bldg.
2-4-1 Hamamatsu-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6135
10.USER’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
In addition to any other provisions herein, ORIX may use User’s personal information collected for the following purposes. ORIX will not use User’s personal information for any other purposes provided herein without User consent.
- a.To deal, in an appropriate manner, with User in any business discussion based on application from User, proposal from ORIX to User or otherwise, relating to any kind of business conducted by ORIX, including, without limitation, lease, installment sale, loan, money-related business (such as securities brokerage, life insurance sales or sales of other financial products) and real estate-related business.(Regarding business conducted by ORIX, refer to the section “Our Business”)
- b.To carry out examination or to make an appropriate judgment and response when identification of User is required, in respect of credit granting transaction (including, but not limited to, lease and loan) or of financial investment transaction involving User.
- c.To do contract administration of any agreement between User and ORIX in an appropriate manner, before as well as after expiration of the agreement, which is necessary to respond to any reference or is required by any applicable laws or regulations.
- d.To introduce User to various companies, including, but not limited to, ORIX and ORIX Group companies, or various products and services, through direct mails, e-mails or otherwise.
- e.To do marketing analysis for providing better and more satisfactory products and services to User.
- f.To do various administration necessary from a management perspective of ORIX.
- g.To share with other ORIX Group companies.
- h.To share with third parties, to the extent necessary to executing a task, such as when the information needs to be provided to personal credit information organization for conducting credit-related business.